Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Review ~ Prelude for a Lord by Camille Elliot

Today's book is a first historical romance by an author who normally publishes hilarious contemorary romance and mystery/spy thrillers that I absolutely adore!  Prelude for a Lord by Camille Elliot aka Camy Tang is an incredible historical romance.  I love this author's contemporary works, and her first venture into historical is fantastic! Alethea, a spinster who was left nothing after her family died, is forced out of her home to live with a relative she barely knows in order to survive. While there, she meets the mysterious Lord Dommick - a man who shares her love of the violin. As she gets settled into her new life, the thing she treasures above all else - her violin - is threatened by an unknown thief. Alethea must discern who she can trust all while secretly sharing her love for the violin and her growing interest in Lord Dommick. Together they must keep her violin safe and catch the dastardly villain who is trying to destroy everything they have.

I loved this book! It captured my interest and kept me up into the wee hours trying to finish it. The side characters are delightful as well, and I do hope they get their own stories - especially a certain two who are destined to fall in love - at least in my opinion. The villain(s) are well written, and there is even an icky suitor that is disposed of delightfully - though not in the way I imagined! I cannot wait to read more from the lovely Camille Elliot!

No comments:

Post a Comment